TheDomesticGoddess
biography
Welcome to my world! I am an army wife, mom, friend, and neurotic all packed into one...love me or hate me but I can guarantee you that I'm pretty fun to be around! Join me as I talk about my journeys through life(and many states)!
affiliates
link link link link link

tagboard
Your tagboard code goes here.
A width and height of not more than 200px would be awesome!
cbox recommended

Wednesday Hero
Wednesday, April 30, 2008 @ 2:16 AM



I got this idea from rightwingedrightminded blog and thought it was a great idea! I was going to do my usual wordless Wednesday but since my daddy just left for Iraq a few days ago I thought it was right to do this instead.

My dad joined the army in 1988 when I was 8 and in the 4th grade. It was a very difficult change for me and I caused nothing but havoc when we moved. I didn't get along with most of my new peers and my teacher made it clear she didn't like me from the start. We lived in a craphole trailer in Leesville, LA and I hated it. I was so glad when we moved closer although the house wasn't much better I at least had my own room this time! When we finally moved into military housing it was a breath of fresh air! The housing was brand new and I had my own space and it was wonderful! Ft. Polk, I was told, has changed a lot since I lived there but all I know is that that area is very run down and just a craphole!

But I'm not going to tell you my whole life as an army brat but I will tell you that my daddy is one of my heroes (next to hubby of course!) and I can tell you straight up I am a daddy's girl...although not as much as my sister but I know he loves us both equally. This blog is dedicated to my dad who has been to the Gulf War in the early 90's and was in Iraq a couple years ago and now again.

I love you daddy!
back to the top?
Credits: Layout; Icons; Color codes
Best viewed with Firefox/Chrome